Monday, November 18, 2013

Senior year vs. freshman year

Recently, a good friend of mine, Allie Heckel, wrote an article talking about the differences between freshman year and senior year on Auburn's campus, and I do not think I could have said it any better myself!

Check out her article: http://family.auburn.edu/profiles/blogs/10-things-that-change-from-your-freshman-to-senior-year-at-auburn?xg_source=activity

Comment and let us know what has changed most for you from Freshman to Senior year!

I think my biggest change has been the way I care. That sounds very broad of a subject and I could probabaly talk about it all day, but I am secure in my frienships, in myself and what I've got going on. I care so little about what others think and so greatly about what my friends think. It's been a really interesting change for me. I was ultra involved on campus the past 3 years at Auburn, and I kind of let that go senior year and it has made all the difference. I used to be so focued on what position I would hold next and defined myself by the amount of people I knew and the amount of people that knew me. As you get older you realize that true frienships mean far greater to you than all the acquaintances in the world.

The change from freshman to senior year is inevitable. You grow and mature so much that if there is no change there is no growth.

Heather Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment